Joshua is a litigator actively developing his craft in criminal and civil litigation. He regularly appears for trials and hearings in the State Courts and High Court of Singapore. His criminal practice involves representing clients starting from the investigation stages up till the plead guilty stage and/or trial for a broad range of offences spanning the whole gamut of the Penal Code (including sexual offences, property-related offences, offences involving obstructing against public justice, hurt offences), Securities and Futures Act (market manipulation/unauthorized trading), Prevention of Corruption Act, Misuse of Drugs Act, Trade Marks Act, Corruption, Drug Trafficking and Other Serious Crimes (Confiscation of Benefits) Act, Road Traffic Act, and other criminal related matters. Joshua also regularly represents youth offenders below 21 years of age and is experienced in arguing for community-based sentences such as probation, reformative training, day reporting orders and short detention orders in community court proceedings.
His civil practice involves complex trust disputes, contractual disputes, construction-related claims, corporate disputes, torts disputes and bankruptcy-related disputes.
- Public Prosecutor v Lio Junlong  SGDC 53
- Lead counsel for a former director of a tuition centre who faced cheating and forgery charges involving CPF monies.
- Lead counsel for a masseur charged for outrage of modesty. Successfully secured a Discharge Amounting to an Acquittal.
- Lead counsel for an accused person who was only charged for property-related offences committed prior to his imprisonment term, after completing his imprisonment term. Joshua tendered written submissions for an inordinate delay in prosecution. Successfully secured a Discharge Not Amounting to an Acquittal before the plead guilty hearing. Joshua represented the accused person low-bono.
- Lead counsel in a High Court OS application in HC/OS 465/2020 before Justice Hoo Sheau Peng for claims in trust law (resulting trust/ common intention constructive trust) and equitable illegality involving an asset worth S$5.8 million.
- Lead counsel in a District Court Suit involving a Hire-Purchase claim. Successfully applied to set aside a default judgment after the judgment had been obtained more than a year ago.
- Lead counsel in a Magistrate Court Suit involving contractual claims for defective works that were provided during renovation services for a 5 room HDB flat.